About MillRace DesignWe have tried to anticipate some questions you may have if you are visiting us for the first time. But this is just the beginning...we would love to have a conversation with you in person, so please feel free to contact us directly.
Why the name "MillRace"?
Our office is located on Mill Street in the High Falls historic district in Rochester, NY, adjacent to an old millrace. A millrace is a channel of water that drives a mill wheel—a consistent, highly-directed and powerful energy source. We think this is a good analogy for what we do for our clients: take in a great deal of information and streamline it into a clear and effective visual message.
What can we expect from MillRace?
First and foremost, we have a reputation for high quality design work. Beyond that, expect to enjoy working with us—we provide personal attention, a positive and friendly approach, and fluid communication. We are nimble and efficient. You can trust us to adhere to the highest ethical standards at all times as we work with clients, vendors, and consultants.
What is your work process like?
MillRace maintains responsibility for client contact and the design and supervision of all agency projects from concept to finished product. We have access to a network of printers, illustrators, photographers, and other external resources to support the production process.
What are the first steps?
Since every client is unique and every project is different, we first meet together to discuss the scope of the project. Projects are then estimated in two phases: the development of creative concepts, and the actual production of the concepts selected.
In Phase I, clients are furnished with a cost estimate to reach the stage at which a concept can be selected. In Phase 2, production costs, such as printing, illustration and photography, are finalized.
As a rule, we do not participate in 'pitches' requiring the preparation of speculative work. Thus the hidden costs of pitching will not be passed on to the agency's existing clients.
Who Can Vouch for MillRace?Here is a partial list of our clients:
- Burke Group (Rochester, NY)
- Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School (Rochester, NY)
- Cobblestone Capital Advisors (Rochester, NY)
- Country Club of Rochester (Rochester, NY)
- Denver Seminary (Denver, CO)
- Harley School (Rochester, NY)
- Memorial Art Gallery of the University of Rochester (Rochester, NY)
- Midtown Athletic Clubs (Chicago, IL and Rochester, NY)
- Regional Synod of Albany (Albany, NY)
- Robin Muto Interiors (Rochester, NY)
- Rochester Institute of Technology (Rochester, NY)
- Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra (Rochester, NY)
- Rochester School for the Deaf (Rochester, NY)
- PathStone Corporation (Rochester, NY)
- Sojourner House (Rochester, NY)
- United States Hockey League (Chicago, IL)